Joerg Reichardt, photographed the ensemble in an unusual and sometimes irritating way, changing between opposites such as excess/calculus, trust/being at the mercy, inside/outside, schadenfreude/pity, human/object. The photographs are subtitled by quotes from the actors, at the moment Jankowski awakened them again.
We are innocent when we sleep
- Schaubühne Campaign Season 18/19
- Public Relacions Antonia Ruder
- Concept Christian Jankowski
- The campaign for the 2018/19 season follows an idea by conceptual artist Christian Jankowski. Under the title „We are innocent when we sleep“, Jankowski had actresses and actors from the ensemble staging each other in their sleep, based on pictures of „sleeping pranks“ (pranks with fallen asleep) as they circulate on the Internet. As is usual with such pranks, sleepers do not know for sure in which way, by whom and by how many they were altered.
- Ensemble Alex Wandke, Alina Stiegler, Bastian Reiber, Bernardo Arias Porras, Carol Schuler, Christian Jankowski, Christoph Gawender, Damir Avdic, David Ruland, Eve Meckbach, Felix Römer, Florian Anderer, Hans-Jochen Wagner, Iris Becher, Jenny König, Jörg Hartmann, Jule Böwe, Kay Schulze, Konrad Singer, Lars Eidinger, Laurenz Laufenberg, Lukas Turtur, Marie Burchard, Mark Waschke, Mortiz Gottwald, Nina Hoss, Nina Kunzendorf, Renato Schuch, Robert Beyer, Ruth Rosenfeld, Sebastian Schwarz, Thomas Bading, Ulrich Hoppe, Ursine Lardi, Veronika Bachfischer, Werner Eng